Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It is tuesday again...

and I am so excited about it!

While wasting time between school and dutch class, Anneke and I wandered into ta little strip mall in search of a snack. There was one of those new fangled yogurt places that are popping up all over the place, so we decided to try it - kill a few minutes and eat something...
As I get out of the car I see a van with a decal for Charlie's Cheescakes...hmm wonder what that is - YUM....but sadly not something I can eat....
as I turn around to walk to the store I see a big sign "Gluten Free items here"...
AT The CHEESCAKE STORE? WOHOOOOOO wonder what they have?
So we go in and ask the guy (I think it was Charlie :-) ) and he proceeds to hand me a list with several things - cookie dough, scones, biscotti, pizza crusts..."...has a niece who is Celiac (sorry I missed the part where he told me who..), and since she is a baker by profession, she decided to start experimenting and here is what we have..the items on top are in stock (like 15 of them!) and the ones on the bottom we have to order, oh and the Ravioli are to die for..."
Wait Ravioli? I LOVE Ravioli.
So turns out that she comes in after hours, cleand the place up so it is a GF environment, and bakes away...I left with a Pizza Crust (in the oven as I type) Cheese Ravioli, and Choc Chip Cookie Dough...he was out of the CC scones, but maybe next week???

Unfortunately, he was also out of the GF Cheescake Poppers, but gets them in stock on and off...guess I will be checking back regularly!

website is www.iamoi.com -
looks like the products are available at select markets health food stores around the Bay Area

Followup - Pizza was pretty darn good!

No comments: